While I Was Gone... Links To All My Her Campus Articles

I took a brief hiatus from this blog to write for Laurier Brantford's Her Campus Page. This is what I've been busy writing: 

Curtesy of Pixabay

1. A Guide to Packing Your Gym Bag

For us university students, the end of summer is synonymous with heading back to school, and for many, it also means heading back to the gym. With the opening of the brand new Laurier Brantford YMCA on campus, working out has just become a little more exciting! Make sure you show up to your sweat sessions prepared with the following list of gym bag essentials.



Curtesy of Sarah Pflug

2. How to "Hygge" 

In the last couple of years, the word “hygge” (pronounced hue-guh) may have come onto your radar. Presented as everything from a self-help trend to a way to decorate your home, hygge has made its way into the lives of North Americans. Hygge is a wide-spreading concept right now, but few people really know how to apply it to their lives beyond simply stringing up some fairy lights.


Photo curtesy of Jonnica Hill

3. ALT: A Look Into the New Boutique on the Block

A few weeks ago, a new sign appeared on downtown Brantford’s bustling Dalhousie Street. The usual crowd made their way to work and class, but this time they were looking up. Above a new store in trendy letters was “ALT.” Seeing this new store nestled into the landscape of campus fixtures, office buildings, parks and restaurants brought one word to my mind: finally. It wasn’t too long before news of the store spread onto the radar of the Laurier student population.


Curtesy of Casey Horner

4. How to Have a Good Morning Every Morning 

From hitting snooze a million times to sleeping in until noon, there are many ways your morning can feel frantic or wasteful. I am no stranger to this struggle. I’ve never been a morning person but I am beginning to see how my night owl ways are not conducive to a world of 8:30 a.m. lectures. I’ve ended up running out the door late more times than I care to admit. Yet, I truly believe that a good morning leads to a good day, so I decided to do some research to find the best ways to train myself into being a morning person. Does my situation sound familiar?  Read on!

Comments

Popular Posts